Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Does A Tramp REALLY Need A Stamp?

What is it about a simple little tattoo that can create so much controversy? Whether you love them or hate them, it's pretty much guaranteed that everyone has an opinion about them. And a rather strong one at that.


Does it really classify a woman as a Tramp, a Slut, a Sure Thing? I would have to think that there are many other 'qualifications' that need to be met before one can be placed into that elite category.


I don't mind saying that I myself am a huge fan of the lower back tattoo. I don't feel comfortable referring to them as "Tramp Stamps", let alone all of the other degrading names that have been associated with them. No need to go into those here, I'm sure we've all heard them and most are extremely degrading.


Exactly why I love these tattoos, I'm not quite sure myself. I haven't quite 'pinned it down' as it were. One thing's for sure though, when applied with taste, they can be sexy as hell.



Yikes, did I just say that? I guess I did. Maybe it IS the fact that I think they can be super sexy, especially on an already attractive woman. But the tattoo alone isn't the ONLY thing a woman can do to look sexy. A nice pair of low rise jeans with a bit of thong 'sticking up' above the belt line, the proverbial "Whale Tail" can also be a wonderful addition to a womans wardrobe.


Not to say that this 'combo' can't be worn by women of all shapes and sizes but if they are being displayed as a means of getting attention to a certain 'area' that normally wouldn't, let alone shouldn't be displayed publicly then that could be an issue.



But when a women leans over and you happen to catch a 'sneak peek' at her lower back, discovering that it holds an unforseen 'treasure' of sorts, it just doesn't get much better than that. At least not in my book.


As they say, "some things are better left unseen" and in the case of alot of these tattoos, I'd have to agree that 'out of sight, out of mind' might have been a better way to go. Perhaps it's because the owners can't actually see what's going on behind them that allows them to display these 'disasters', seemingly without a care.



As with anything else, tattoos can be taken to the extreme and beyond, with the limits of bad taste being exceeded in no time. However, the decision is entirely up to the 'owner' and you'd have to think that quite a bit of consideration was taken before they ever let someone apply something to their body that no doubt would last a lifetime.


Although I do have my doubts as to the talent posessed by some of the so called 'artists' that actually perform the work. While some are exquisite works of art, others look like they were 'scratched in' by some poorly trained meth addict in the back of an alley. I realy do feel sorry for some of these women as I would hope that what they ended up with is not how their dream tattoo started out in their mind. Truly a shame.




Which also brings to mind all of the criticisms concerning how the 'tattooees' will look once they get old and wrinkled. What will happen to their 'butterfly' at that point? Will it just look like a wrinkled old vulture, hovering over it's prey?


C'mon now, at that point, even if they do have somebody back there checkin' it out I'd find it hard to believe that the person is going to make a comment about it. I could be wrong but I just don't believe that's enough of a reason not to get a tattoo in the first place.


Is this the same ol' thing, where the people that don't have the guts to get a tattoo choose to talk down the ones that can put up with the pain for a whole bunch of individuality? I'd hate to think they are that shallow but you just never know.


In fact, who came up with the name 'Tramp Stamp' in the first place? Wouldn't "Buttper Sticker" have been a bit more 'neutral', somewhat less degrading? I'd assume it had to be a hater of Tattoos of all kinds. More than likely they also hate that other wonderful invention, the Belly Button Ring. But that's an entirely different post altogether, one that I'll more than likely get into later.



Could it be that most of the women that posess the lower back tattoos choose to display them for all to see that causes some women to be so against them? Could they be jealous? Perhaps these women don't feel comfortable enough with their own bodies to 'let it all hang out', let alone put a sign on it sayin' 'look at me'.




I've never been a big fan of women that wear next to nothing in public. I've always preferred to leave something to the imagination, a little somethin' for later. Especially when it comes to women I'm dating. Call me old fashioned but I'd like to think that there is something that is somewhat special, 'off limits' and only for me to see. Like I said, I'm old fashioned.


Just like the whole fake boobs thing. And yes, you guessed it, I'm not a huge fan of the quadruple triple double D's. I'm all about the 'real deal', gimme real A's as opposed to fake triple G's anyday. Not only do they tend to look disproportionate to the rest of their bodies, they tend to 'feel' all wrong and again, it's just not for me.



Sometimes I wonder what the actual stats are on fake boobs. Do guys really like them as much as women think they do or is it more of a thing where women do it to impress other women. I think the media has a bunch to do with it and while I agree that a bit of enhancement is ok, not to mention for medical reasons, but some of these women take it too far. OK, WAY TOO FAR!


Which could also be said for some of the women and their tattoos. I've heard that it can become addicting and since I don't currently have any tattoos of my own, I'm only guessing but I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear that it is indeed true. No doubt some have taken it way beyond the 'mainstream' to a point that's it's just about bordering on insanity.


Almost every square inch of their body being covered in tattoos is way beyond attractive. At that point it's just seems a bit obsessive and then it gets kinda freaky. By no means am I saying it's wrong but again, just not for me.


Which brings us back to my original point. While tattoos aren't for everyone, each individual should be able to decide for themselves what is right and wrong for them. It has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks and they surely shouldn't be labeled in any way for choosing to fly their 'freedom flag'.


So to all the women out there that have been 'branded' as Tramps, I want to commend you for living life on your own terms and not givin' a damn what others think. Because without you, we'd never know who the 'good girls' are.



I'd love to hear your opinion. If you're a fan of Tramp Stamps, I'd love to hear about it. If not, I'd enjoy hearing about that as well and perhaps all the reasons why you don't like them. And if you enjoyed this Post, I'd appreciate it if you'd share this with your friends.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment