Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Good vs Bad....What Do Women REALLY Want?

Good Guys vs Bad Boys. That age ol' battle, more than likely since the beginning of time. What type of men are most women attracted to?

Firstly, let me just start off by saying that I fully understand that this is a dangerous topic and while some might wonder why the heck I'm even goin' there, those that know me and are familiar with my writing know all to well that I'm pretty much fearless when it comes to tackling subjects that others simply refuse to. In essence, I'm the go there guy. Despite my better judgement.



As I mentioned earlier, I'd have to think that this has been going on since women were able to make a choice on their own as far as who they wanted to be with. Good or Bad, Good or Bad, oh Mom, which guy should I choose???

This might not have applied in the Caveman days as it seems to me that when a first date consists of a guy draggin' a woman by her hair, into his cave and havin' his way with her, that would basically put ALL guys in the Bad Boy category.



And perhaps this was also the case in the days of the Roman Empire. Not sure women had much choice back then either. I wouldn't think that Good Guys had much luck as being nice probably got you thrown in with the lions or at the very least, you ended up breakin' rocks until your arms and legs were yanked from your body as you were being pulled apart by two separate Chariots, headin' in two different directions. Not good to be a Good Guy in those days, that's for sure.




The women, if they did happen to take a chance on speaking up in regards to who it was they wanted to date, would more than likely have had their heads chopped off before they could even get the words out. Probably a good idea just to keep ones mouth shut, or forever hold your head....ooops, your peace.

Even in the days of the Kings 'n Queens in jolly ol' England, not really a good idea to speak your mind, let alone having a Bumper Sticker on ones Pumpkin saying something along the lines of "Good Guys Rule!" because at the very least, you'd be scrubbin' floors and cleanin' Chamber Pots as your evil step sisters were out carousing with all the Bad Boys in town.



A womans only hope was to be born into a wealthy family but even then, they still didn't have much of a choice as these were the days of the arranged marriages and as such, they would end up with Lord Goofball III by default. So these weren't so much choices as stuck withs. Ahhh, the good ol' days.

Jeez, up until now I hadn't really put all this together but maybe women have been ingrained to want Bad Boys, whether that's what they really want or not. Maybe they just can't help themselves?


Is it a matter of going against what they're told to want, as in their elders telling them to watch out for the Bad Boys as they will treat them badly, abuse them and then leave them? And so they have no other choice but to go against the grain in an attempt to find out for themselves if what they were told is actually true? Hmmmmm...... I wonder.



Or is it them thinkin' that this time is gonna be different? Somehow this guy will love them so much that the guy will do whatever it takes to make her happy and if changing his evil ways is what it's gonna take to get her to stay, then so be it. Like somehow they're gonna fix him.



Good luck with that one. As we all know, people in general, especially guys (of which I'm one) rarely if ever change. Especially not for someone else, let alone for themselves. Sure, we all grow in one way or another and we attempt to better ourselves but not many will change for someone else. At least not their entire moral outlook, their entire character. I'd have to think that we're pretty much us from the time we become adults.

So why is it then that you see so many women with Bad Boys? Do they think it's cool? Do they like the feeling of doing something wrong and gettin' away with it? To be honest, I have no idea. No idea whatsoever. It seems like they always complain about gettin' treated like crap. And then they go back to them. Go figure.




I'd like to think I'm from the other side of the tracks. I'd have to consider myself to be one of those idiots....ooops, I mean one of the Good Guys. You know the type, the guys that finish last! Yep, that's us.

Oh sure, women say that they want nice guys but I've yet to see anything to prove this theory to be true. Could it be the lack of drama? The missing daily controversy? The fact that all nice guys wanna do is treat their partners right, to get along?



Hell, where's the excitement in that? Sounds kinda boring, doesn't it? I mean, without all the drama, the constant fighting and bickering, what's left in a relationship?



All you end up with is love. Pure, unrelenting, selfless, love and devotion and who the hell wants to live a life as drama free as that? Well, for starters, I do. Yep, to me, drama and controversy suck. There's enough stress in life without having to add to it in a relationship. I don't do drama. No thanks, not my cup of green tea.

I'd much rather spend my time being happy, laughing and enjoying life. After all, isn't that what life is really all about? I sure think so anyway.



So I guess we'll just have to leave this as an open ended question, an unsolved mystery. Good or Bad, I have no idea what women really want. Which is probably a good thing because there's a pretty good chance I'm not gonna reinvent myself as someone else. At least not anytime soon.

If you have any thoughts in regards to the battle between good and bad, I'd enjoy hearing them and if you liked this Post, I'd appreciate it if you'd share it with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment