Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Who's This PRINCE CHARMING Dude Anyway?

How on earth am I supposed to compete? Compete against some kinda Fantasy Frog. I mean, to be honest, it's just not fair. I mean, this dude has set the bar so high, I'm not sure anybody can even come close to jumping it, let alone even touching it with their fingertips.

Oh yeah, we've all heard of him. Good ol' P.C., Prince Daddy, the Fantasy Dude formerly known as Prince, The Princemeister, all meant to signify that most mysterious of guys, Prince Charming.





None of us have actually seen this guy in real life but yet he strikes fear in the hearts and minds of men all over the world. Well, at least in America. I'm not 100% sure they've heard of him in other Countries but I guess it's possible. I mean, they could have a Le Prince Charming, an El Prince de Charming, The Prince of Charmingtown, Herr Prinze Charmengg, you get my drift.


From Bouncers to Bounty Hunters, Machinists to Mailmen, Roofers to Restauranteurs, all of them begin to shake inside at the mere mention of his name. Heck, I'll bet that even Chuck Liddell, if you could get him to admit it, would say that the Prince of Charmingville is competition for him as well.



I mean c'mon, how can this be? How can we as a species be so intimidated by some dude that rides around town on a white horse, wearing tights and a cape?

Batman can get away with a cape. Superman can get away with a cape. These guys are bad asses that make mince meat outta bad guys. But I'm sure you'll agree that the only guy good ol' P.C. could actually take down might be Elton John. And that's still a maybe, no guarantees.



Now he might be able to stomp you with his horse but he better stay on that horse, if he knows what's good for him because I'd have to think that at this point, there are plenty of guys that would love to take him down.

Tons of guys that were never able to live up to the standards that he set oh so long ago. He didn't just raise the bar, he set it so high that no mere human can even get near it. At least no human that I've ever heard of.



Which, when you think about it, is kinda crazy. Nobody really knows much about him, other than the fact that upon being kissed, he turns from some funky frog into a guy that all women fantasize about. Now THAT my friends....is magic.

Better than any magic that either David Copperfield OR David Blaine could ever dream up. No smoke 'n mirrors here, no way. This Prince is fully legit. Well, at least as legit as a fantasy can be anyway.



I hadn't even thought about this guy in forever, completely off my radar. That is until I received an email from a friend of mine a short while ago. I hadn't heard from her in quite some time and I'm not afraid to admit that I almost hit my head on the ceiling, jumping for joy at the sight of her message. To say that I was happy to hear from her is an understatement, I was ecstatic.

As I perused her message (for the 1000th time), two words began to stand out, as if they were highlighted in yellow and I could feel my heartbeat begin to pick up the pace. I thought it was merely the excitement I was feeling, hearing from her after all that time.



But no, I began to realize it was more than that. It was the friggin' Prince that was makin' me all nervous. How do I live up to the standards he's set? I don't actually have any idea what those standards are but I have a pretty good feeling they're not easily attainable. At least not in this world anyway.

Kinda makes you wonder if each woman sets her own bar for her Prince? After all, it's her fantasy, she should be able to create a dream dude of her own making. And if so, how in the hell are you ever gonna figure out who or what she really wants in a guy? Jeez, talk about the Rubics Cube from Unattainableville, no way you're even gonna come close to solving that riddle. Don't even bother to try. It ain't gonna happen.



So I guess when it comes right down to it, even though us guys would love to be able to fulfill all of those fantasies, there's just no way that's gonna happen and so all we can really do.... is be ourselves.

I know, boring huh? That's not to say that we can't entertain her with fantasies of our own making. Hopefully some of them will resonate with her. Who knows, perhaps we might even share some of the same fantasies? How cool would THAT be?



But we really have no other option. We'd have to be mind readers to even attempt to come close to figuring out what women want and the split second we look away from our Crystal Ball, you guessed it, they will have changed their minds and it's time to start guessing all over again. Talk about a no win situation.

All we can do is give kudos to the Prince, the magnificent Prince Charming as he truly is the guy that all of us men wish we were. The guy that every woman wants and waits her entire life to find.



If you can relate to battling against the Prince, I'd enjoy hearing about it and if you enjoyed this Post, please share it with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment